Countdown to London Tech Week
The below WA based tech startups looking to expand into the UK market, will be attending London Tech Week 2023 from 12 to 14 June as part of an organised trade mission.
London Tech Week is designed to showcase how tech is transforming business and society to drive change. The trade mission will help WA companies scale up and access talent, funding and customers you need to grow.
Invest and Trade Western Australia together with The UK Government Department for Business and Trade has put together an exciting program that includes:
- A pre-mission briefing in Perth with key WA Government leaders, including the Invest and Trade team.
- A welcome reception hosted by the Western Australian Government Office in London (WAGO).
- A business networking event with an opportunity to engage with delegates from other Australian jurisdictions.
- Workshops hosted by the UK’s Department of International Trade (DIT), including a regional session, and a session on the Global Entrepreneur Programme.
- A DIT workshop about the UK opportunity and free trade agreement outcomes for business.
- Networking events.
- Business matching and venture capital support.
Demonstrating strong capabilities and innovative products across sectors, including fin, med and agtech are:
- Ingrid Rodriguez, Eikonic R&D
- Karan Savara, FBR Limited
- Holly Bridgwater, Humyn.ai
- John Wright, Metabolic Health Solutions
- Ariane Platell, QL Space
- Elle Bell, SpacetoCo
- Camilla Crockford, Work Metrics
- Steve Wildisen, Xsights Digital Pty Ltd
- Aaron Wilson, ENTX Global Pty Ltd
- James Salt, Constructive Software
At a pre-departure briefing, this group heard from Phillipe Pierson (Director of Client Services Invest and Trade WA), Tina Redshaw (British General Consul, WA) and John Langoulant (Agent General for WA) on the trade prospects with the United Kingdom, with even more opportunities made available through the Australia-UK Free Trade Agreement which has now entered into force.
To find out more about this trade agreement visit DFAT's website.
For more information on London Tech week visit London Tech Week 2023 - London Tech Week
Published on: 06 June 2023
Technology & Advanced Manufacturing
Get in touch
If you are looking for opportunities in business, investment or trade, contact our experienced team at Invest and Trade WA.
Our in-house experts can support you directly and provide referrals or introductions across our network of overseas offices, industry bodies and government agencies.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER