Welcome to Western Australia, it's like no other.
Western Australia is rapidly becoming a global battery and critical minerals hub.
With large reserves of minerals used in the manufacture of rechargeable batteries, Western Australia is well-placed to meet the growing international demand. Western Australia has some of the biggest reserves in the world of lithium, nickel, cobalt, manganese, aluminium and vanadium. The uptake of electric vehicles and battery-based energy storage systems is driving global demand for these minerals. WA also produces non-battery minerals, such as rare earth elements, used to manufacture electric vehicles.
Western Australia can also provide world-class industrial and export infrastructure and globally recognised expertise and research capacity in mining and mineral processing. See below for more of our competitive advantages in this sector.
Photo courtesy of Tianqi Lithium
Western Australia's competitive advantages
Western Australia has many competitive advantages in the battery and critical minerals sector, including:
- Some of the largest reserves in the world for battery minerals used in the manufacturing of rechargeable batteries, such as lithium, nickel, cobalt, manganese, aluminium and vanadium.
- Reserves of non-battery minerals used in the manufacturing of electric vehicles and energy storage systems, such as rare earth elements.
- A strong track record and expertise in processing and manufacturing activities for the mining, processing and building industries.
- Best practice environmental and ethical standards.
- World-class industrial and export infrastructure.
- Globally recognised expertise and research capacity in mining and mineral processing.
- A mining industry that is leading the world in the development and adoption of innovative technologies.
Get in touch
If you are looking for opportunities in business, investment or trade, contact our experienced team at Invest and Trade WA.
Our in-house experts can support you directly and provide referrals or introductions across our network of overseas offices, industry bodies and government agencies.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER