Indonesia Connect 2022
Strengthening Western Australia-Indonesia economic ties
On behalf of the Western Australian Government, Invest and Trade Western Australia will host Indonesia Connect on Friday 21 October 2022 at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Indonesia Connect is designed to deepen Western Australia-Indonesia relations by providing a platform for meaningful discussion on investment and trade opportunities, and complementary capabilities between our two regions.
Indonesia Connect will be a hybrid event consisting of virtual and in-person presenters and guests from Western Australia and Indonesia.
Friday 21 October 2022
11:45am - 5.00pm, registration commences at 11:30am
Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre
21 Mounts Bay Road, Perth
11:45am: Conference opens
12:00pm: Lunch session with keynote speakers
2:00pm: Coffee break
2:30pm: Connect sessions
4:00pm: Networking function hosted by the Western Australia Branch of the Australia Indonesia Business Council and Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Indonesia Connect is free to attend, however capacity is limited. We encourage you to register early to avoid missing out. Registration closes on Thursday 20 October 2022.Register
Lunch session speakers
Hon Mark McGowan BA LLB MLA
Premier of Western Australia; Treasurer; Minister for Public Sector Management; Federal-State Relations
Ms Krista Dunstan
Government of Western Australia Investment and Trade Commissioner for the ASEAN region
Mr George Marantika
National President, Indonesia Australia Business Council
Ms Larissa Taylor
Chair, WA Chapter, Australia Indonesia Business Council
Mr Antony Harsono (virtual)
Director, PT Samator, Indonesia LNG Company / IABC East Java
The program includes three concurrent Connect sessions which will feature a moderated panel of industry and government representatives from both Western Australia and Indonesia.
Session 1: Skills for the Future
Theme: Training and developing a skilled and adaptable workforce for the 21st century and beyond.
- Healthcare and community services to support a growing and ageing population
- Automation, construction and trades skills to support infrastructure development
- Tourism and hospitality to support economic recovery and growth
- Cooperation in education and training to advance shared priorities, such as the energy transition
- Ms Simone Spencer, Deputy Director General, Strategy and International Engagement, Department of Jobs, Science, Tourism and Innovation (JTSI)
- Mr Shaun Welbourne-Wood, Chair, Western Australia East Java University Consortium
- Dr Prahoro Nurtjahyo, Head of Human Resources Development Agency, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Republic of Indonesia
- Dr Hendro Fujiono, Director, Indonesia Institute
- Mr David Masel, Managing Director, Gelflex
Session 2: Advanced Technology
Theme: Engaging with new and emerging technology to deliver community and industry outcomes.
- Digital agriculture and technology (agtech) to advance the sector’s production, supply chain, market access and consumer experience
- Digital media and creative industries
- E-commerce platforms
- Defence and cybersecurity
- Mr Richard Baker, Executive Director, Red Piranha
- Mr Tony Marceddo, Theme Leader, Security Digital Futures, and Director, Defence Research and Engagement, Edith Cowan University
- Dr Arnold Japutra, Industry Fellow, Digital Economy, Australia-Indonesia Centre
- Dr Eunice Sari, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, UX Indonesia
- Ms Cecily Rawlinson, Director, WA AustCyber Innovation Hub
Session 3: Supply Chain Resilience
Theme: Building supply chain resilience through strong regional partnerships.
- Energy - EV and batteries
- Mining and mining equipment, technology & services (METS)
- Medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Primary industries
- Mr Anthony Sutton, Executive Director, Hydrogen and New Energies, JTSI
- Dr Kate O’Shaughnessy, Research Director, Perth USAsia Centre
- Ms Jennifer Kirk, Director, Strategic Policy, JTSI
- Mr Richard Simonaitis, Chief Executive Officer Australian Export Grains Innovation Centre (AEGIC)
- Ms Larissa Taylor, Chair, WA Chapter Australia Indonesia Business Council (AIBC)
Hosted by the Western Australia Branch of the Australia Indonesia Business Council and Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, delegates will be invited to stay for a one-hour networking function where they can meet with industry and government peers, and progress business opportunities.
Please contact our Indonesia Connect 2022 Event Manager
Indonesia Connect is a collaboration between:
Get in touch
If you are looking for opportunities in business, investment or trade, contact our experienced team at Invest and Trade WA.
Our in-house experts can support you directly and provide referrals or introductions across our network of overseas offices, industry bodies and government agencies.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER